Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Big Zero...

For some, life begins at some point in life and many says "Life begins at Forty". For me, life begun several decades back but to be alive and healthy at this age with no major health issues is a big blessing and I say thank you to the big guy up there!

Exercise everyday, swim in the evenings and walk (not jog) for about an hour is for me enough exercise to keep my muscles moving and metabolism at its current pace.

A few days from now, I'm turning the big zero. So many things in my head. So many things to do, so little time. With some of my classmates gone already from this world at a very young age, I still believe that life would have been better with them around.

At one point in my life I wanted to live forever. And then I realized that immortality would be scary. Imagine you live life that long with all the people you love and cared for are gone at that point. Yes, immortality I realize is scary and lonely. If I get to live another forty years or more, I guess that would already be a life well lived. ;-)

Some say, I should have children of my own, others a family. If it comes, it comes. Besides, life is to short to live the expectations of others. What is important is that you are happy with what you have and who you are with. Life is full of uncertainties but that does not mean that you have to stop living.

Again, what is the most important thing is that YOU, yes the big "YOU" are happy. ;-)

No comments: